Type2
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 200436
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Black

Default Front & Rear WRX Brake Swap to 95 L Wagon + KYB AGX

Last year I decided to swap out the front and rear brakes for WRX. This will be mostly pictures at first. I'll fill in the pertinent information as time goes on. This took me approximately two weekends to do alone.

Before pics:

It's not the most beautiful car in the world, and there is some rust on the driver side rear fender well. The main reason for this upgrade was that I was driving 85 miles a day to work and back and the brakes were shot, so I figured I would upgrade instead of pay pretty much the same amount for new parts.

I bought a used 2005 WRX front and rear brake swap off of ebay. The FRONT came with caliper, pads, rotor & the REAR came with the all that plus the hubs.

First thing first. I know that I was going to need new wheels to fit over the larger rotors and brake calipers, so I picked up a set of used 05 LGT wheels and had them installed.

Next, I set to work on the front:

Old Front Disc brakes:

I also decided to put all new shocks and springs on the car. The main reason I did this was because when I got the new wheels installed at a local shop, they told me my driver side rear strut was shot, and that it was $650 including parts and labor to replace. I went to tirerack and found that I could order 4 brand new KYB AGX struts and H&R sport springs for about a $100 more than the quote for ONE strut. I figured since I was going to be down there digging around I might as well do all of them at once. How hard could it be lol?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Type2; 01-09-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote