Old 01-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
MSMStannyl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267225
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited 4DR
Satin White Pearl

Actually, let me ask one more question and this is more in regards to the different maps available:

My 2011 WRX is bone stock. Not a single thing done to it. I live in Baltimore, MD where we have 93 octane at every pump. I know there is a Cobb Stage 1 Base Map for a stock WRX running 93 octane. That's what I plan on using. However, I read another thread where someone with what sounded like basic or even no mods (I think he may have had the SPT cat-back but that's it) was having problems with this map in terms of overboosting. I believe his log data showed peak boost at like 17.9 psi!!! That's extremely high. Granted, I think this was an older WRX or STI (I think it was an 04 or 06) but is there a possibility that I could have the same problem? I would think if the map was tuned for a stock WRX, that's all that matters and it should work the same on every stock WRX. Maybe this was just an issue with that guy's AP or maybe he had other mods I didn't see. I just know he was running the base 93 octane map and pulling crazy boost. I'm definitely not trying to blow a new engine or turbo!

Thanks for the reassurances!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MSMStannyl is offline   Reply With Quote