Nismonic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 162500
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 LR WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabre1200 View Post
Hmm that is a good idea. I'm going to have to remove my horns soon because I'm having trouble w/ my power window going up and down so I'll have to remove my horns before taking it into the dealer. Good chance to clean up my wiring and relocate the relay.

Ok so here is a real quick diagram I drew up... Please excuse my drawing skills, I'm and engineer, not an artist. EDIT: I redrew the diagram to make it neater. Also, USE THIS DIAGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK... I'M NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR/WARRANTY/ HOUSE/PETS/EAR DRUMS ETC.

Note - In Jovver's install we did not put a fuse in the power wire... we really should have. The Subimods harness doesn't have one ether . Please include one in your install. All my connections were soldered and covered in heat shrink. Good crimp connections would probably be fine too.

I took a look at my 2011 and you won't be able to mount the relay in the same spot as Jovver since our fuse box is pushed right up against the shock tower. There are a few open tapped holes near the battery in the engine bay that might work for a relay though.

This one is tucked under the fuel lines and is pretty hard to access but there are 2 open holes here and someone with small enough hands might be able to hide the horn relay back there. That would probably be my last choice for a relay location.

There are 2 holes on the frame rail in front of the battery that work great and keep overall harness length down.

and a close up

I could see putting a relay here if it doesn't see much exposure to the elements. My car has 50 miles on it so I can't tell yet if this area will get dirty through driving.

Finally, the easiest thing would be to double stick tape it to the outside of the battery box... Tons of room and easy access.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nismonic; 01-14-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Nismonic is offline   Reply With Quote