Crazy_pilot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 164242
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1992 SVX
2008 Spec B

Back Road Runner:

That Engine Analyzer is pretty cool stuff, I'll have to play around with it. My program is aerospace manufacturing, no automotive engineering, so we're not equipped for much engine simulation.

As for the epoxy, we have a FLIR infrared camera that I used to take shots of the engine running and watch the temperature. Maximum that the intake hits (even after heat soak) is 92* C, so I'll base my epoxy choice around that plus a bit of safety margin. What I may end up doing is simply pouring thin layers of different epoxy, letting them cure, and then testing their characteristics. We also have several hundred pounds of pre-preg carbon in different weaves and weights (surplus from the company building the horizontal tail of the F-35, so it's pretty good stuff) and an autoclave large enough for anything I want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
There's some discussion of IM design (and some ideas that people have executed for EJ25s) in this thread. There's also some info in this thread.

Neither of those has a whole lot of technical discussion, they're mostly just show-and-tell threads, but you might get some ideas.
I actually have the first thread in my subscriptions, I've read it right through. Good info there. I also keep a keen eye on the whole custom fab forum, so I've seen the custom manifolds there too. It's great to see the ideas and work-arounds people come up with.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Crazy_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote