View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #121
xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Yesterday I installed the IPR TMIC and Forge BPV. Both are painted black. The Forge BPV that I got will not work wit the stock TMIC, but works fine with the IPR TMIC, see the photos for more details. It is very similar in size and shape to the stock unit, but it is all metal. It comes with 3 springs (only 2 seen in photo, because 1 is installed) and 2 shims for adjustment (for correct boost range).

The BPV is obviously a very easy install. I did add hose clamps to both connections for added security (see photo in next post). I still using the stock intake system and I can only barely hear the valve when it activates (I couldn't really hear the stock on at all). But I do hear it vent when I shift under boost, so I know it is working. Not much of a "clink" sound (that I've heard is common with the Forge BPV), but that may be more audible with an aftermarket intake.

Forge BPV:

Stock BPV vs. Forge BPV. Make sure both hose connections are pointing in approx the same direction as the stock BPV or it will be difficult to install.

Note the different seal shape between the stock BPV and the Forge BPV.

The Forge BPV will not seal on the stock TMIC. But it will work with the IPR TMIC (or just about any other aftermarket TMIC).

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote