I finally got mine going ! I used an uncommon wire coming off the coil as a tach. Turns out I had it wired ok to begin with (and help from quynce's post) . I found the problem by comparing my instructions which were for a manual transmission with those for an automatic transmission. Under the training the tach section the two sets of instructions were almost identical except the automatic ended with push the red button. The instructions I was using did not include the red button statement. So after training the tach I pushed the red button. I wasted three days of work over an omission in the instructions.