Originally Posted by User Banned
SEATBELT CHIME ELIMINATION
DIFFICULTY: 0.5 out of 10.
1. Insert key into ignition. Turn to "Accessory On" position. This is the last click before you would turn the key to start the engine. Your radio and annoying seatbelt chime will be ON.
2. Within 5 seconds of turning your key to "ACC ON", take your seatbelt clip, and INSERT & RELEASE into the buckle 20 times repeatedly. Each time you INSERT the clip into the buckle, it must "click" into place. You must push the release button to remove it. Complete this 20 times within 30 seconds.
3. When you have completed the 20 clicks, turn your key off and remove it from the ignition.
4. Start your car as normal. You will notice that the seatbelt indicator chime will sound six (6) times, then go off. It will NOT come back on until the next time you start your car, and it will stay on this pattern indefinately.
5. To re-active your annoying seatbelt chime, simply unhook your positive (+) battery terminal for 30 seconds to reset the ECU.
This took me a couple of attempts but the third time wound up being the charm. The main issue seemed to be either that it actually takes more than 20 inserts and removals or I just can't count.
With that said, I can confirm that this still works on the 2011 WRX and when you get it right the seatbelt warning light(s) will go off, and stay off, after those initial six chimes. If they stay on you after the chimes then you need to try again.