NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 165749
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 No YELLING
on the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino6303
Within the next month or so, I plan on getting rid of my wrapped borla replica and buying a nice TWE header. I have some questions regarding the "new" TWE header (I searched for answers to no avail).

Car: MY05 Impreza OBS 4EAT

1. Will the TWE header hit the subframe/melt the P/S line?

2. Will the TWE header allow me to drain my tranny fluid without removing the header?

3. Can I use my existing skidplate with the TWE header (I already have spacers because of the Borla replica)?

4. Is it cost effective to get the header coated rather than wrapping it?

5. Last, will coating the TWE header still produce the P0420 CEL (have never had the CEL with the wrapped Borla replica)?

Sorry for so many questions, but I appreciate the help. By the way, I talked with Tom at TWE and the price really is cheaper than what they quote online.

Thanks again,

Steve
The "new" headers twe is producing are designed for 06/07 I thought. The 4-2-1 design runs right under the trans drain plug on my 5MT, but a tool can be fabricated for little $ to aid removal of the plug without removing the headers. A little drip pan or something around the headers like alum foil when draining the fluid should do the trick. If you want a pic of the tool, let me know and ll post it here. The 4-2-1 design will fit the 4EAT according to who I bought mine from.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RaceFaceXC is offline   Reply With Quote