Scooby Newbie

Member#: 246455
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej20ajk View Post
Eagle Motors is great, I got 3 motors off him, all excellent shape and no issues - most are in 25-50k km on the clock. He is local to me, one of the better places to buy EJ207... Did you get a complete swap or just motor only? If its a complete swap then its simple to run a compression test.

To wire AVCS dont buy IA harness just open/slice open the JDM harness and use the OEM wires which are shielded. PS pump and A/C comp is good to go.

I got the complete engine swap from him. That included engine, ECU, engine wiring harness, downpipe, and twin scroll turbo setup. I already bought the IA Performance wiring harness so...I will just use that since i already spent the money on it.

What is everyone using for tuning on their 207's? My tuner uses "Open Source", but I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the Internet to download. I already have a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable, and the only software that I can find is "OpenECU" on the Tactrix website. If my tuner is sending me tunes that he has tweeked on his "Open Source" tuning software, will I be able to flash them to my ECU through "OpenECU"?

Thanks for all the help and input

Tom
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
i2cou4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote