View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
GriffithBuilt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 141927

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
It's a muffler delete, and it looks to be a very high quality one. You're comparing it to the Perrin cat back which is made for the hatch, so it is a totally different design. If I had to guess the one with no mufflers at all (Nameless) will be MUCH louder than the one with a muffler (Perrin). It's just an axle back so you're only really buying it for sound. If you like the sound and want something loud, it looks to be a pretty nice piece of work.

Nameless - Any plans for a quad tip axle back for the hatch?
Actually on the sedan I don't think the system is any louder than the Perrin cat back. We actually built a full length catback and decided to do these as a budget solution and when we heard the sound and tested the power there was almost no difference. Our catback ran a 3" in, Dual 2.5" out oval muffler with dual pipes from forward of the differential all the way back with no rear mufflers. And the axle back retained the low end torque that the catback lost.

Now on the hatch, whole different ballgame...the volume (cubic feet) of the actual hatchback and the arrangement of the outlet of the midpipe so close to the rear valence, this would be a whole 'nother level of loud. We do plan on designing a free flowing AxleBack for the 2011 Hatch utilizing a pretty novel anti-drone resonator system that does not impede flow. It'll be a few months (maybe 6 weeks).

I suppose it's about damn time for me to sign up for vendor status here :-)

Jason
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GriffithBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote