Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX
Garnet Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4284 View Post
Hey guys, I'm gainfully employed, but actively looking for a new opportunity:

Background
Research Aerospace Engineer, US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center (NSRDEC), 2007-Current.
-Created unique solutions to Army problems relating to airdrop technologies, -Planned, coordinated, and conducted fundamental experimental research on parachute and airdrop systems, including data acquisition used for validation of advanced numerical methods.
-Designed theoretical high drag systems, optimized configurations through computational fluid dynamics, tested prototype models, and effectively transitioned designs to desired full scale performance characteristics.
-Wrote MatLab scripts to process test data.
-Authored and co-authored papers for AIAA conferences.

Mechanical Engineer, Savant Systems, 2006 - 2007
-Designed, fabricated, and assembled home automation hardware with a heavy emphasis on the CAD design (Pro/E). Product design ranged from large and small chassis to injection molded living hinges to custom internal cabling, including DVI, USB, IEEE 1394, power and more.
-Created detailed drawing packages for all systems.
-Performed thermodynamic and airflow testing to meet rated criteria, as well as electronic emissions testing to comply with UL regulatory requirements.
-Tested and validated hardware systems and software loads.
-Worked as a member of multidisciplinary teams to design and integrate board layouts/designs with proposed hardware solutions.
-Worked with outside consultants to enhance product performance while controlling costs.
-Performed custom machining work as necessary.

Education
B.S. Mechanical Engineering with an Aerospace Engineering concentration, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2006.
I also have credits towards my M.S. in Mechanical Engineering

Grafton, MA, although I am very open to relocation

Looking for:
Small company doing mechanical design work. It's something I excel at and enjoy doing. Basically it's exactly what I was doing at Savant for 18 months. The only reason that I left is that NSRDEC called me up and offered me a job cold. Since I focused in aerospace in college, I wanted to give it a try. The size of the government and red tape leaves me doing more paper work than engineering. I want to get back to being in the middle of it -- the fast paced, high demand environment. It's where I do my best.

I stole a pen from a guy that worked at Savant before.....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RFcomp329 is offline   Reply With Quote