View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #96
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Member#: 141927

Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
well you don't have to there are some for less. And if you think your not gonna want a DP, and CB eventually your crazy. So right now you pay $300 for noise and then down the road you will have to buy a real CB to get the power you want.
I think you're full of it on this. Our axleback exhaust has within 5% of the cross sectional area of a single 3" straight pipe, and the factory midpipe is a 2.65" straight pipe with a single resonator in which the perf is larger than the main pipe diameter. If you're talking about needing a Catback to realize gains with a larger turbo, we do plan on offering a bolt up midpipe which will give you the additional .35" of extra diameter if you find it necessary.

It is a good product, and I think you'd be surprised what kind of power could be had with these muffler deletes and a downpipe as the only performance improvements in the exhaust system. Even the COBB catback has a reduced 3" long section at the connection of the downpipe and the catback. If you really think additional pipe length makes any difference in behavior of restriction, I think you're mistaken. But we'll see. We plan on comparing this system to the 3" into dual 2.5" catback system we originally developed to finalize all of these conjectures....either way, if we find that the factory midpipe is restrictive, we can certainly make our own including a helmholz resonator or some other improved way of cancelling out drone frequencies with the effectively straight pipe exhaust at that point.

We've got tricks up our sleeve and plan on explaining them all. Have we yet not filled anyone in on who we are or how we do things?

Stay tuned.

Jason Griffith
Engineering Director
Nameless Performance, Inc
La Center, Washington USA
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GriffithBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote