Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #61
Vekrander
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 259536
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WR Blue

Scratch one more bumper, or crack I should say. Probably happened a while ago during the snow but my bumper has a crack almost in the center of the lower lip. The crack starts at the back of the bottom of the lip, extends forward and then goes up the front about an inch. Maybe two inches of crack total. I was wondering if anyone has had success with any sort of sealant/resin/repair puddy of some sort.

I didn't notice it until I washed my car and felt the crack through the rag. It's right in the center, right next to where the plastic guard under the car is bolted to the front bumper lip. Whatever snow bank I hit or ran over probably would have been absorbed until it hit the area next to the bolt that was more rigid and cracked. Overall, it's not terrible and not worth replacing the bumper over.

My idea is to find some sort of ceramic or plastic puddy/repair substance that will keep it back together or reinforce the crack. Then I can put some sort of sealing tape or something on the front and it should be good to go. I'm mostly concerned about using the wrong resin or sealant and eating through the plastic in the back, or the color in the front. I'm not concerned if the color behind the front lip is taken off or covered as it's in an unviewable area. I'm going for structural repair or reinforcement in the back and sealing in the front.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vekrander is offline   Reply With Quote