View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
PERRINJeff
NASIOC Manufacturer

Member#: 74110
Default PERRIN's Borg Warner EFR7670 is here.

Borg Warner EFR Turbos

EFR7670

Like a lot of guys out there, we have been waiting for an EFR to play with for a long time!
Someone took this picture of me about a month ago waiting. Ok not really it was from today, but it sure feels like i have been waiting forever.

I know there is no proven power yet, but very very soon. Maybe Nasioc can make a new Turbo section for things like this... Like the GTX thread i started there will be great data to surf through. Lets start with simple things like pics.

I have a bunch more coming don't worry!

Even the badge is way nicer!

The compressor wheel is amazing looking just wait until the shroud comes off.

EFR is 3.25" taller overall and like others have said, this is going to be a challenge to fit into the car for sure!

This is probably my favorite part of the whole turbo. The SS housing is very high quality and the internal wastegate routing is very cool. The angle of the exit is angled perfectly off the inlet. VERY cool.

Another angle showing the turbine.

One of the things i was looking forward is the BOV and how its integrated. It just like the Mini coopers we deal with that have a very similar style. The pressure port is tiny, the spring is pretty weak, but small port means less overall force acting upon it. I know guys are going to be concerned that the port is too small to dump the boost it might see, but it works fine on Minis running 24psi, as well as a bunch of other euro cars. There are stiffer springs available for them but we will have to see how these work first.

The EFR compressor housing is smaller OD than the Garrett. Also has a smaller inlet, which is great for fitment reasons and shouldn't hinder HP at all.

HEre is a side by side of the EFR and the Garrett housings. You can see which one is much nicer. The EFR casting is smooth, not dinged up as though its been thrown across the floor a few times.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by PERRINJeff; 10-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.
PERRINJeff is offline   Reply With Quote