NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 72730
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 Lexus ES300,
2005 Outback XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Awesome reply. Tons of good info. Saved me a lot of trouble.

I've seen this recommended:

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...?itemid=WC1000

Any comments on that? Seems simple enough. Splice some wires, and it does the rest.
Yup, that is the stuff, does the same things as the DEI modules I used. It doesn't say in the link, but I assume it does 2 windows, so you would need 2 of them to do all 4 windows.

If you wire it all in the driver's door, it is pretty simple, but the auto operation only works from the driver's switch. This was preferred for me so I did it this way.

If you want all the switches in the doors to be "auto" you have more work to do, you have to run wires into each door.

These modules are all made to work with aftermarket alarms, so once you have them installed, they can take up/down/vent requests from your alarm, if you have one, to work the windows remotely.

edit: I do want to point out, for my 09 WRX I wired up all the windows. For your '11, you will want to leave the drivers window circuit alone so as not to interfere with the stock auto operation. That might affect what you can do with an aftermarket alarm, but that is beyond me, it is a challenge I didn't have to deal with.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Power6 is offline   Reply With Quote