xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
Yup, that is the stuff, does the same things as the DEI modules I used. It doesn't say in the link, but I assume it does 2 windows, so you would need 2 of them to do all 4 windows. If you wire it all in the driver's door, it is pretty simple, but the auto operation only works from the driver's switch. This was preferred for me so I did it this way.

If you want all the switches in the doors to be "auto" you have more work to do, you have to run wires into each door. These modules are all made to work with aftermarket alarms, so once you have them installed, they can take up/down/vent requests from your alarm, if you have one, to work the windows remotely.

edit: I do want to point out, for my 09 WRX I wired up all the windows. For your '11, you will want to leave the drivers window circuit alone so as not to interfere with the stock auto operation. That might affect what you can do with an aftermarket alarm, but that is beyond me, it is a challenge I didn't have to deal with.
Actually, looking at the wiring diagram I think that each one of those modules only works for 1 window. I would need 3 of them to convert all of my windows. A little more spendy than I thought.

Not interested in wiring up any of the other doors to have that control, so I would only need to worry about the driver's door. Also not planning on an alarm, so nothing to worry about there either.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote