Scooby Newbie

Member#: 188919
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Wrx Wagon
CGM

Default What these guys said

As everyone before me said,
But I'll re-iterate, tilt the motor down. It will rotate a LOT more than you think. I was having a ton of trouble getting the 6-speed into my WRX, had a guy that had done it come over. All he did differently was tilt the motor down, after that easy as just pushing them together and bolting it up.

If you need slightly more details...
Rotate the engine down about as far as you feel comfortable. You can use a jack to do this (don't put the jack on the oil pan...read all the stories), or grab a hand winch and attach up at the top of the motor and then put the bolt for the pitch-stop back in and rotate the engine down with that (just don't pull too hard on the firewall)
Bring the tranny in as far as you can and start some bolts if you can.
Then keep working it closer and steadily raising the engine and tranny back up. This means that if you let off some tension from the winch (or the jack) make sure you raise the tranny jack at the same time or the bolts will bend or strip out the engine. Again it also depends on how close they are together and how many bolts you have in.

Hopefully that'll get you done...definitely was not fun moving that thing around under there...
Gl
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Needsacar is offline   Reply With Quote