Originally Posted by bikewriter
My head hurts reading all 11 pages, talk of more torque but no more hp, a mid, a 3" dp..... coupled with the fact I'm brand new to WRX and my 2011 Hatch was just ordered last week I'm a bit lost right now. Please be kind, but I have a few simple questions:
1) For the 2011 Hatch no re-tune is needed?
2) Do I need a turbo back exhaust or a mid pipe to maximize the 10+ torque gains of the Nameless $300 exhaust?
3) Is there still free shipping for NASIOC members?
I'm mainly looking for a deeper sound under full throttle but "normal" sound under responsible throttle and extended highway driving.
1. No. Although a Stage 1 with the AccessPort is a good combination.
2. Not sure on that. I'm hoping to get some dyno charts from Chris' run in the next week or so - he needs to get them from the dyno, the owner was afraid of his dirty USB stick...hehe. I'd guess actually that the axleback on its own would also provide some hp gains, but because the rest of the system had already realized the hp gains of opening up restriction, there was a point of diminishing returns realized in the hp numbers in the final wide open test. Just an educated guess based on lots of prior dyno time, not a certainty.
3. No free shipping for NASIOC members, we were doing that to give people who didn't want powdercoat a bit of a discount when we were offering free powdercoating. We will probably be offering additional discounts to existing customers in the future, so if you buy an AxleBack now, we will be sending discount offers out to you in the future for purchasing the products that we will be releasing to combine with this axleback (midpipe, downpipe, but you could even apply the discount to a camera mount, skidplate, front mount intercooler, etc...all of these are things we're working on).
Hope to hear from you soon. We're in the shop tonight if you want to call and chat. 360.263.5001