Hank3
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (22)

Member#: 16157
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
'03 Mazda P5 <><
'02 WRX & '08 MS3 SOLD!!!

DDM has stopped selling the $30 Apexcone/Raptor kits on their Web site. I ordered a Raptor kit on 2/12 and it was finally delivered yesterday. They sent two e-mails with updates. About two weeks ago, I e-mailed and left a VM with them asking to cancel my order so I could get the slim ballast version of my 35W 4500K H7 Kit. I never received a response to either. Upon checking the contents of the shipment yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was the slim ballasts that came, and not the thick Raptor ones. The slim ones will fit underneath the headlights to my Protege5 a lot better.

I haven't installed them yet. Will probably wait for a week or so to install so my other mods come in. But I will check this weekend that both ballasts work and that the bulbs are matching in color. I've read many reviews of the bulbs not matching color. Still...for $40 shipped, it's not a HUGE waste of money. I personally wouldn't get anything higher than the 5000K kit.

Also, I came across this in the morning. Don't know how factual it is, but someone spent time putting the pic/document together:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Hank3 is offline   Reply With Quote