cmurphy2266
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247119
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde123 View Post
suspensions are expensive. that would make it handle better but for speed and horsepower like you said intake. and if i find one cheap should i do it? or what should i look for if i do?
Honestly, you're better off keeping your money in your pocket. I guarantee you won't notice any difference in the performance with NA bolt ons. It might sound harsh, but I'll bet you'll learn that lesson on your own if you go and spend a lot of money in a car, with mods that aren't going to be worth it.

Better yet, spend the money on maintenance, filters, brake fluid, oil, tranny oil, and make sure your stock suspension is in good shape, and the rubber bushings are solid. I see it too many times that people start moding a car that needs that kind of stuff, especially heavy suspension mods, and it's a waste, when the control arm bushings are toast, for example.

You bought yourself a nice daily driver. Learn how to properly detail the car (read "the new world according to meguiars") and take good care of it. You'll get more satisfaction out of things like that, than anything else you could do to an NA.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cmurphy2266 is offline   Reply With Quote