ansonowicz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103179
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2006 OBXT Lesbaru
SoCal F4 #21

UPDATE:

For whatever reason, I was thinking the solenoids were Left/right specific. Duh, that would be very unlike japanese engineering. Anyway, swapped the solenoids and timing was acting properly again. WTF? I put the solenoids back in their original position and they were still working properly....I got very confused.

But after driving around for a bit, I noticed there was coolant coming from the radiator cap. Just a bit sprayed unto the the underside of the hood. So I let it cool, checked all of the levels in case it needed to get burped. Went driving again for a few blocks under NO boost. No coolant, AVCS working okay. Yay.

Drove a few blocks again after letting it cool down, but this time WITH boost. Sure enough, some coolant was spraying under the hood. Not alot, but definitely not normal.

I'm hoping it's not head gasket issue and combustion pushing air bubbles into my coolant. Tuner was running dyno pulls for a couple of hours all day with no leaking issues last week, maybe "sidewayz" was right about HG. I'm going to drain and inspect coolant, perhaps add that combustion gasses detection thing in addition to visual inspection. Rainstorm is supposedly coming, so I might not get to it for a few days.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ansonowicz; 03-23-2011 at 01:37 PM.
ansonowicz is offline   Reply With Quote