Originally Posted by 99STM
Btw, the injector scalor is set pretty low. We checked for leaks the other night and couldn't see anything. All those others are definitely possibilities but I am going to put my money on the fuel pump.
D0000d....just be careful....and make sure you log the appropriate stuff.
I've been able to diagnose every single one of my mechanical issues by reading on these forums.....and I do my own work. Tuning and everything else. Nobody touches my car but me.
If it were me, I would do the following in this order:
1. Clean MAF sensor
2. Change fuel filter
3. Boost leak test
4. Then log it and see what happens
5. What do IDC's look like? AFR's? Knocking? If IDC's and AFR's are good then it's probably not your injector scaling, fuel filter or fuel pump. If they don't look good then...
6. Borrow somebody elses MAF sensor
8. Still happening? Change fuel pump
10. Still happening? Check all exhaust bolts to make sure everything is nice and tight.
11. Still happening? Something else in the tune??? Primary open loop fueling??? Clogged up-pipe??? Jacked up turbo? Other sensor failing? TGV's not opening up???