Scooby Guru

Member#: 39086
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Tractor Supply/Home Depot/Lowes/Sears Hardware ect...
This part is key, its called a Automotive Threaded Stud. You will need 2 of them for the upper seat belt mounts. Pictured below is the thread size you will need for the upper seat belt mount and then just find the corresponding nuts x4 for the other end of the stud. You can do it with out them but, with only bolts the seat belts will not retract due to the bolts pinching the belt guides against the C pillars.....They looks like this from Tractor Supply and are loose in the hardware draws at other stores.
Thank you so much for this thread.

I've been trying to install a harness bar in my GD and need to upgrade the "4.8" (~grade 2) bolts supplied with 10.9 or grade 8 that replace the stock outboard front lap belt bolts. I had assumed that everything would be metric. Thanks to your post the light bulb went on and the seat belt bolts are 7/16-20.

I should have known better. There is an SAE spec for seat belt mounting hardware, but haven't looked at it since 1986. The Chinese will coin anything you want on the head of a bolt. I've had some bad dealings with them in the past with material specs. A company I worked for wound up dumping ~1/4 million counter fit fasteners in the steel recycling bin too.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Web Foot STi is offline   Reply With Quote