Old 03-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
SubYotaGus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 278104
Vehicle:
2004 Toyota Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by the suicidal eggroll View Post
Yes, but neither of them work with aftermarket intakes. You listed stage 1, then stage 1+, then stage 2+ in your post, the only one of those that you could use the OTS map for is the first one, both the stage 1+ and stage 2+ means a custom dyno tune by a professional (IE: several hundred dollars each). If you're going to get a custom tune, you might as well just go stage 2 and get a custom tune via open source immediately, instead of spending $600 on an AP, then $300 on a stage 1+ tune for the intake, then another $300 on a stage 2+ tune after the downpipe.

OOO ok that makes sense. Well does in intake really make that much of a difference on these cars? I mean i'm not looking for a street demon here, modding cars is just a hobby that i enjoy. Would it be better to get the catabck exhaust then the intake and get a protune, eventually going with the downpipe and another protune? Or it it be better to just get the catback exhaust, get the AP and go stage 1 on my own, then eventually get the downpipe and use the provided stage 2 map and just forget intake?

My budget within the next year for this is really going to be around 1200 bucks so thats why I'm putting these in that order and can't just jump to stage 2. AndThanks for all the help guys, I'm learning haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubYotaGus is offline   Reply With Quote