Scooby Newbie

Member#: 264923
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Admiral View Post
Why would you downgrade in width? Stock 8" > 7.5"? Run at least a 9" wide wheel or there's no reason changing wheels IMO. You can EASILY fit a 18x9.
I tend to agree, which is why I came here to ask for opinions/facts. I am not shooting for the fullest wheel well out there and would really prefer the weight savings of the 17 over the extra inch of wheel diameter when going to 18s, so I am going to be considering 17x8 PF-01s*. Of course I am open to other wheel options but the PF-01 is light, looks good, and undoubtedly a well made wheel. I don't subscribe to the "stretch and poke" idea/taste/notion, so while I would like to get some more rubber under the car, I am not interested in putting the biggest tire possible in there, just to say they are on there. 255s would be ideal but 245s would also do just fine for the functions of my daily driven WRX.

*I'm not overly concerned with weight savings via wheels or any other mod - just using that comparison as a point of reference for my decisions on dimensions as they don't seem to be conventional.

Edit: Thanks for the info Dan! Tell someone at Enkei to start making more 5x100 options, would ya?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ksj1831; 04-01-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Dan's the man.
ksj1831 is offline   Reply With Quote