Old 02-18-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
omahasubaru
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1594
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1995 WRX
2002 Legacy

Here are some other testimonies that I've found while searching... Seems (as we all knew/suspected) that the lower offset wheels may be more of the culprit to the rubbing.

Quote:
Originally posted by GravelRash
Lots (!) of fit variables here...
- Not all "215" (or any nominal size) tires are the same actual width when mounted on a given wheel size. There can be a surprising difference between brands/models.
- Wheel offset has everything to do with clearance - or lack thereof.
- And of course lowering changes the available inner fender clearance everywhere.

My own example: '02 wagon, stock suspension except for sedan rear bar. I have Prodrive P1 17x7 - which are 53mm offset - and run Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45x17. I've never had a hint of rubbing - including multiple RallyX. Which should pretty much cover the wheel travel issue

And of course if you change anything then YMMV

Btw, thanks to those posting tire pressures - and the background on how they were selected!
Quote:
Originally posted by wrxsvt
Awhile back a guy posted he was selling his Rota Battles with that size Azenis on them off of his wagon. He said there were no rubbing issues. For what it's worth, I ordered a set of P7s with 225/45 Yoko AVS ES100s for my wagon, and Tirerack guaranteed they wouldn't rub. Seems like you should be okay, and if it did rub Luke (at the Tirerack) said a fender roll that any body shop could do for $30 or so would definitely take care of it. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally posted by mav1c
I had the Azenis on Subzeros and their was rubbing in the rear once I lowered the car. I think you should be fine at stock height though.
Quote:
Originally posted by MNbiker
You should be fine w/Azenis 225/45-17 & Rota wheels, as long as you're running stock height.

1. If you lower the car, you WILL need to roll the fenders (spoken from experience).

2. If you put a couple fat friends & some cargo in the back, you will likely rub, if you push hard around corners, even at stock height.

-Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by mav1c
I had my fenders rolled when I had rubbing with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis on 17x7.5 +48mm Rotas. Now I don't have to worry about what tire I run, and I could probably even go up to a 235 series tire. You'll be glad you did it in the long run because it opens up more options for tires and wheels, without worry about rubbing.
Thanks - Jon
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
omahasubaru is offline   Reply With Quote