Scooby Newbie

Member#: 273955
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Prem. Hatch
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki_JB View Post
Not sure why you guys are bothering to mess with it yourselves...why not just use the warranty? It's a brand new car.
I like to tinker. So there's that, but also it's just a stupid bulb. It shouldn't require burning office hours and gas with a trip to the dealer to get fixed, especially if it's going to happen every two weeks. It is quite a bit more difficult to get at the back of these headlights than any other car I've ever owned though. Now that I've watched them disassemble the airbox I should be able to bang it out quickly if I ever need to again.

mrkyle3, sorry to hear about your incompetent dealer. This shouldn't be over their heads in the slightest. It's just a light bulb. My guy pulled the bulb out of the socket and blew in it and put it back in. Problem solved (for now). The bulb didn't look terribly snug, at least not compared to bulbs I've replaced in the past in different cars. Again why I think it's a socket issue and not a wiring one. If I ever have to open it up again myself I'll look into a way to tighten up that connection between the bulb and socket.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
toolie is offline   Reply With Quote