Old 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #18
skunkman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 118141
Vehicle:
95 'lifted' legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
So basically, Gen 1 outback struts are better than gen 1 forester struts.
yes.

Quote:
Most of this seems to apply to using with a Legacy (which I know you have experience with) but since 90-99 Legacies have somewhat-compatible suspension setups with Imprezas, this would apply depending on what struts you can get your hands on.
90-94 legacies are similar to early imprezas (with regard to the rear top hat bolt spacing). 95-99 legacies/96-99 OB rear struts have the same bolt spacing as both gen foresters...

Quote:
...and Gen 2 Forester struts are the best of the lot in terms of lift I'm assuming from your experience.
yes, but with the axle angle warning caveat for lifting legacies (non-outback) and I would assume lifting imprezas too.
Putting 2nd gen Fozzie strut assemblies on a legacy "L" would push it up like 3-4 inches, thus higher than the warned 2" > stock... That's when you should consider all the other drive line dropping stuff, which you've given great photos of in here.

Quote:
Currently it seems as though its easier to find Gen 2 forester struts than it is to find Gen 1 outback/forester struts, and they are usually in better shape if they are take offs.

Ya, definitely need to compile a list of tophats for this.
NICE THREAD DUDE!!
good compilation!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skunkman is online now   Reply With Quote