View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #50
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 181399
05 STi

Here are some pics(sorry cell phone)

Here is whats behind the hex bolt. I pulled it out because I wanted to give this thing a good cleaning. Its a spring and ball bearing inside that shaft.

And here is the oil seal(looks exactly like a cam seal to me). No idea on specs at this point. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out.

EDIT: Since ive littered this thread(sorry) I figured id edit this post with an update. I got all the orings(easy)... went with a 2.5x50 round for that "square" one. In the opinion of that seal guy it started life as a round some of the people who work at these places arent the brightest(no offence) but this guy seemed to know his stuff.

I was happy to put things back together...that is until i tried to find that oil seal. least locally for me. I went to 5-6 different seal/bearing places and no one had in stock,could order it and some looked at it like it was from mars.
i tried a power steering rebuilder place and they had something similar but the ID is too small (by about 2 mm) so im not gonna run it. itll burn up.
but it gave me another bearing to check out with some actual info on it. Im gonna do more research and call around to more places. It has to be out there.

as of right now im SOL. cant do anything without that seal.(yes I removed it/damaged it)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cracky; 04-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote