View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #52
cracky
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181399
Vehicle:
05 STi

^

Similarly I used some generic automotive white grease I had. Just a little, on all the seals, and for the bearing.

Its compatible.
I got the pump reassembled last night and on the car. It was late so I couldnt do a good bleed. 2am idling with a full 3" exh ...ya neighbours wont like that. lol.

But the car was needed to be used in the morning so I had make sure it wasnt leaking. I did a manual bleed, with a quick bleed with the car on/wheels up. Not ideal/perfect but something.

Then I took it out for a boot just to make sure it was ok. A little judder and resistance at pts,but more than likely from air stil in the system. good idea i drove it? eh not the best. But as mentioned the car had to be used today.
There were some bubbles for sure. Fluid almost looked like champagne with the little bubbles working their way out. Im exaggerating a bit.

I did try to do some light turns at slow speed to work it a bit. Got back, so far no leaks...but time will tell. *knocks on wood*

I have some more info on that oil seal and what I used. Ill edit my post later tonight with more info. I replaced all the seals and the bearing. So a complete rebuild other than replacing those springs/the pump parts.

Tonight Ill do a real good bleed and cycle some more new fluid in there. Hoping it will be perfect when Im done.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote