View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #57
cracky
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181399
Vehicle:
05 STi

Ok...here are a few pics comparing the original oil seal and what I used. Going over things again...I would run an 8mm wide oil seal. i went with 7 but you can see its a bit smaller.

Now hopefully it wont make a big deal in the end. The seal itself didnt even seat in the hole. Its just firmly in place. no bottom for it to rest on. the more important part is where the sealing section is and that its not to deep into the hole.

You can also see the OEM one is deeper on the outside ...on the backside of the seal, where the one I bought are about equal.
I havent had any leaks yet but we will see over time, since the bushing is pressed in pretty firm, i wouldnt expect it to show a leak from behind right away. god I really hope its ok lol.

I couldnt source the exact oil seal locally. maybe online somewhere will have it..OR you
have to get it from the pump manufacturer lol good luck.
So we should have all the details ironed out now for fully rebuilt pump(besides replacing any metal parts)

I have reused those types of seals before(with about 90% success rate)...but in this app I decided not to since you have to fully dissemble to reach it. Once that shaft came out , I was gonna replace the seal. the seal got wrecked when i took it out(in case you are wondering)

Hopefully this helps.

OEM

One I bought.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cracky; 05-02-2011 at 02:13 AM.
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote