Spent about 5 hours today taking all of the interior apart. I removed everything except the dashboard. Chiseled out some of the sound deadening material to expose some of the rust that existed. Here are some pics.
Put the spare tire back onto the spare tire bracket in the engine bay. Also check out those new battery terminals. The old battery terminals actually wore out this morning so the new ones were needed.
The interior with almost everything gone.
Milk crate seat.
Assessed the fuel pump today. I ended up snapping 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the splash guard and mount the fuel pump.
To those of you who do not know, the older fuel pumps were not even located in the fuel tank, but they are located outside of the fuel tank. Jumped the pump with 12 volts and it just popped. No pumping or anything so I will be getting a new fuel pump and filters this week.
More to come...