Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #44
WRX-17
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98725
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
05 WRX
Aspen White

So I restarted with a new map copying over some tables just because I dont know what I did in the beginning so starting over I now know what I did exactly in every table. I went through and halfed every table that used load which was quite a few.

I tried starting out with latencies using the deltas from the DW table that I have and using those deltas from stock latencies which resulted in:

6.5v / 2.24
9v / 1.732
11.5v / 1.18
14v / 0.84
16.5v / 0.532

and a scaler of 240 which is 850cc*0.96=816 for a 4% smaller scaler than the flow. then 816/2=408 for the half maf hack then 408*.7=286 for E85 but it was still running lean so I went down to 240 and it is solid at idle within +-1%.

For the MAF scaling I multiplied the whole table by 1.25 because of the 25% increase in area from the stock maf housing to the perrin blow thru tube. It seems to like that, but I dont understand why it didnt like when I divided the maf table in half for the hack, it was way too lean.

After doing this I tried doing some cruise maf scaling but I am seeing some very strange things. The timing in jumping from 4-35deg at timing and studdering and shaking the car very bad as well as spitting out very high egts because of the way retarded timing. I did experience this before I started from scratch on my map but I am thinking that it is my TPS. Look at the log and you can see that it is jumping around from 0 to 5deg and correlating with the timing jumps so I am lead to believe that the TPS is worn out and not reading correctly.

Also I was seeing similar jumps in timing at idle from 5 to 20deg when the base timing is 12 but the tps was steady at 0. What could possibly be making these things happen?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Weird Timing.zip (18.7 KB, 2 views)
WRX-17 is offline   Reply With Quote