View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #11
Johnysmoke
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14852
Vehicle:
2013 Ford Flex
Silver

I had a job last summer that never materialized. One of those "its gonna start after memorial day" then "the 4th of July" then "labor day" and then I finally had the job and it was gonna start the next week. They were gonna call me. I was happy. I would no longer be a worthless unemployed looser sucking down cheap beers all day on my couch playing video games becoming further and further alienated and disconnected from that great ethic that is work which is the glue for our society's well being, me no longer being a productive member of said thing, had a chance to rejoin the choosen few, to redeam myself, increasing my self worth and hopefully my bank account all in one fell swoop. It was going to be glorious; a new job, new opportunities for advancement, all within a reasonable commuting distance. It never materialized, phone calls were never returned, administrative assistants scrorned me, threatening me with the Clack! Clack! Clack! of their nails over the phone.
I'm sure the good people will call you back, if not, there is most likelya support group being held, as we speak, at your local bar.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Johnysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote