Member Sales Rating: (45)

Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlRex11 View Post
Well, I did buy the q300 for the sound along with performance. Even though you dont get enough performance to justify the $500 being stock, most performance mods you do will equal to more gains from having the more open exhaust. Not to mention it draws attention here in California, I would likely get pulled over for that and then get hit for my tinted windows as well, one ticket (hassle and cost included) will justify the $500 "for me." I also couldnt stand the pop between gears but I know a lot of people do like it and that is fine, just not my thing. I first wanted to work with the NP axelback and get a better Y pipe and then the mid pipe but after adding it all up it just wasnt cost effective (I wouldnt save much in the end from what I could see). and I wasnt sure what sound I would end up with either. Please dont take offense, this is just what I came up with and what works for me.
I am not offended. I try to be as factual as possible... although when you are talking about a non-performance part then we are left to opinions more than factual data. I understand that you don't want to draw more attention to your car with a raspier exhaust, but do you think a four 4" tips doesn't draw as much if not more visual attention to your car? The NP muffler delete is pretty mild compared to the 2002-2007 WRX and STi single exhausts...really. The q300 and/or any Cat Back Exhaust on a turbo car is not a performance part without changing out the downpipe. That is why its not even mentioned on any performance stages (i.e. Cobb stage 2).
I'm not sure about the pop that you guys talk about, maybe it is a stage 2 thing, or I haven't pushed my car hard enough during shifts (yes, if I romp on the gas I see a carbon puff on the windshield of the car behind me).

I'm glad that the q300 works well for you, but I suppose with the exception of someone who needs a different midpipe, the q300 does make a positive exception...although for the rest of us who probably are looking at a stage 1 with a CBE, I still don't believe that the q300 is worth the price of the NP.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote