Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #824
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (47)
Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2014 Audi a6
Daytona Gray

Originally Posted by PearlRex11 View Post
Fair enough. I will add that even though there isn't a tune for the cbe doesn't mean its not a performance part though. Anytime you change any diameter exhaust pipe on a Turbo car its going to change performance on that vehicle whether tuned or not. I do notice my spool up being quicker and the way the Turbo sounds under boost now is ridiculous (in a good way) lol. The difference just isn't enough to require a tune is all. As far as looks I'm sure the 4 inch tips will draw some attention but it is definitely legal and I can fight and win that one.
I'm pretty sure that there is no, nil, nada gains of performance to add a CBE to a stock downpipe. Again, not trying to be an ass... I'm pretty sure that there is a disclaimer on the product that says "for off road use only". I do concede that having a muffler is better than not having one.

Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
Fasho! I'm not trashin on nameless at all. They're making a great product. I just expected a different sounds after all the praise. It is certainly praise-worthy for a muffler delete system, I just think it sounds unrefined when compared to a CBE. That's all. Love nameless and love their's just not for me. I hope you're Still loving your purchase.
I think for the price, there isn't anything that will touch it. Although, like many have said..."I would prefer a more refined sound". I am working on getting a Borla ATAK. The NP really hit the market in a way that no CBE can, providing more rumble without the price of a full CBE. Their product opened up the sound and didn't hurt the pocket. The fact that the product is well built is just a bonus.

I'm saddened that the market for exhausts (quad tipped) has been this slow to react. Companies such as PERRIN and COBB have had these cars for almost a year now without ANY products. Invidia did jump out in many markets first and did offer a solution for many narrow niche markets...They do deserve credit for that.

Originally Posted by ed10 View Post
nameless doesn't make anything for an 02
Just make the extra cutout and swap it in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote