Member Sales Rating: (45)

Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlRex11 View Post
Fair enough. I will add that even though there isn't a tune for the cbe doesn't mean its not a performance part though. Anytime you change any diameter exhaust pipe on a Turbo car its going to change performance on that vehicle whether tuned or not. I do notice my spool up being quicker and the way the Turbo sounds under boost now is ridiculous (in a good way) lol. The difference just isn't enough to require a tune is all. As far as looks I'm sure the 4 inch tips will draw some attention but it is definitely legal and I can fight and win that one.
I'm pretty sure that there is no, nil, nada gains of performance to add a CBE to a stock downpipe. Again, not trying to be an ass... I'm pretty sure that there is a disclaimer on the product that says "for off road use only". I do concede that having a muffler is better than not having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
Fasho! I'm not trashin on nameless at all. They're making a great product. I just expected a different sounds after all the praise. It is certainly praise-worthy for a muffler delete system, I just think it sounds unrefined when compared to a CBE. That's all. Love nameless and love their product...it's just not for me. I hope you're Still loving your purchase.
I think for the price, there isn't anything that will touch it. Although, like many have said..."I would prefer a more refined sound". I am working on getting a Borla ATAK. The NP really hit the market in a way that no CBE can, providing more rumble without the price of a full CBE. Their product opened up the sound and didn't hurt the pocket. The fact that the product is well built is just a bonus.

I'm saddened that the market for exhausts (quad tipped) has been this slow to react. Companies such as PERRIN and COBB have had these cars for almost a year now without ANY products. Invidia did jump out in many markets first and did offer a solution for many narrow niche markets...They do deserve credit for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed10 View Post
nameless doesn't make anything for an 02
Just make the extra cutout and swap it in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote