View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
e85monster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 271529

After installing the CP pistons we torqued down the ARP head studs.

IMAG0019 by imprezagic, on Flickr

Getting the long block ready to go after installing the cometic head gaskets

IMAG0035 by imprezagic, on Flickr

Brand new wrapped GT spec UEL headers

IMAG0036 by imprezagic, on Flickr

After installing the oil pan we tapped into the top of it for the oil return.

IMAG0038 by imprezagic, on Flickr

APS SR56 chrome polished turbo getting ready to be put on the GT spec up pipe

IMAG0005 by imprezagic, on Flickr

Long block all put together with the GT spec headers, GT spec up pipe, APS SR56 turbo, Cosworth high pressure oil pump.

IMAG0037 by imprezagic, on Flickr

For the clutch we decided to go with the ACT street light fly wheel and the ACT 6 puck sprung clutch

IMAG0040 by imprezagic, on Flickr

After dropping the engine back into the car this is how it looked...basically it was a mess

IMAG0041 by imprezagic, on Flickr

After realizing the 2.5i has a much larger intake manifold and a different throttle body we had to clock the turbo in order for it to fit. The APS SR56 and the APS hard inlet pipe.

IMAG0044 by imprezagic, on Flickr

There were so many problems we ran into a long the way but theres always a way to get around them. The fuel system in the stock 2.5i N/A cars is internally regulated. The most amount of boost we could push through the car was around 8 until it hit fuel cut. The best way around this problem was to switch my fuel plate out with a WRX fuel plate that had the fuel return option. I went down to the local race shop and picked up an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with all stainless steel lines. The gold fuel plate on the left is the WRX one that has the fuel return. The silver fuel plate is my stock one that we had to get rid of.

IMAG0012 by imprezagic, on Flickr
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by e85monster; 07-04-2011 at 07:00 AM.
e85monster is offline   Reply With Quote