Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201884
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnzi View Post
Just curious if anyone knows what happened to the work Knight Motorsports was doing in terns of race applications for the 4EAT. I was doing some Googling and came across the name Jon Ryther. I soon learned that in the early 2000's, this guy was already working on reverse engineering the TCU, was building 4EATs into manu-matic boxes that would hold in certain gears, etc.

I know there are some high-end guys to go to beyond IPT for 4EAT work currently that offer more than what is typical - Rigoli Performance is the main one that comes to mind.

However, did anything ever come of the 4EAT developments started by Jon Ryther? He seemed to really be doing a lot of things that 4EAT guys today are looking for and was willing to do it for pretty affordable prices.

Anyways, just thought I'd ask. Someone must be lurking around here that was around back then to know what was going on.

Thanks.
I work for Sway-A-Way, the company that designed/built the dampers for their rally team. I personally don't know whatever happened to the whole
rally team/project (since it is before my time working here), but you can try contacting Jon Ryther via PM. His user name on here is "RallyKnight".
I know their goal at the time was to build a competitive rally car from US and local mfgs./suppliers vs. conventional
overseas companies. This was to help bring down the costs of building a car and at the same time, support local companies.

I believe they were working with Rancho Transmissions on the 4EAT development, so if you can't get in contact with Jon, you
can try them. They specialize in transaxles for dragracing/street use, but are better known for the off-road racing side of the company.

-Brian
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
evolkid is offline   Reply With Quote