Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40848
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
5-Door, DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet3r View Post
Did everyone miss this post? I'm still baffled by the numbers posted below, something doesn't add up here.
I didn't get the 18psi map when I left the tuner. They achieved that on the car but it isn't safe enough to run all the time. If you read the thread thoroughly you'll see that's why I run the 16psi and can use the 17.5psi on cooler days with better gas. They achieved the 18psi during their runs and they show those limits on the maps they provide online, but know that 17.5psi is the best map I walked away with. (I do still run the 16 all the time) I also asked for a safe tune, they may provide the achievable 18psi to others who want the risk.

When they pro tune your car they push it to its thresholds to help them negate ultimately the safe tune point and understand your range.
Those tuner maps aren't lying they are showing the top range they acheived on the dyno.

What it does show is that I should be able to run the 18psi map all the time after my Stage 2 tune since it will be within a safer range.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote