View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
TIGWERKS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 256615

So we mounted the manifolds and then proceeded to mount the turbo kit my boss bought. And needless to say it was a pile of rusty, non fitting, oily mess. I couldnt believe someone actually ships this out to customers. So I rebuilt the y-pipe going from the manifolds up to the first turbo. I eliminated the flex sections since I dont believe in having flex sections pre-turbo unless they are of the inconel variety. So I used double slip joints to allow the material to expand/contract. I also rebuilt the dp from the small turbo to the larger turbo. I was confined to the present location of the turbos since my boss didnt want to redo the pedestal and turbo mounting locations. So I used 3.5" od tube on a 3.5" radius and made it as smooth as I could with what I had to work with. We kept the dp that came with the kit which even that looks horrible, but anyways here are some pics. The kit was bought new even though it looks like it was used, and abused i took some pics of the before and after of the parts i replaced.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TIGWERKS is online now   Reply With Quote