View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #66
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 119306
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2011 SWP WRX

Ok, I have read this entire thread.

Couple things I came up with and I have questions about. First is the warranty issue. There are two important statements about this and I know it depends on the dealer:
If you re-flash with a non-stock map and have a stock downpipe the dealer shouldn't deny the warranty.
There is no counter on the ECU that keeps track of how many times the ECU was flashed. You can re-flash back to stock and the and disconnect the battery and the dealer should never know that you ever flashed the ECU.

Are these two statements correct?

I have a 2005 LGT with an AVO TMIC on it. This should fit on my new 2011 WRX and solve the stock TMIC end tank issue ...Is that correct?

I have an SPT exhaust from the factory on my 2011 WRX.
If I put a high flow catted downpipe on it can I flash to a stage two map? In other words is this considered stage two for a WRX?

If I put an aftermarket downpipe on it then the dealer may void the warranty, Correct?

If I put the AVO TMIC on and a highflow down pipe, what kind of boost can I run safely and what kind of HP and torque numbers should I see with a pro tune? Most importantly will this void the warranty?

I know this is off subject but the dealer told me that the 2011 WRXs come with synthetic oil? Is this true? Do I need to continue to use synthetic?

Thanks and have a great day!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
turboman38 is offline   Reply With Quote