View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
skrewbaru02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 282741
Question cobb accessport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Thank you everyone for your input! The OTS maps are very reliable and do not post any risk factor above a protune. The OTS maps are much more on the conservative side of things and are designed to work as reliable daily driver performance maps. There are some cases where we would suggest getting a Protune, for things like racing, HEAVY track usage or modifications that fall outside of what the maps are meant to be used for. This is most commonly due to intakes, catless exhaust systems or other tune-altering modifications.

To directly answer your question, if used as directed, the OTS mapping is perfectly safe for your performance and daily driven Subaru.

Travis
COBB Tuning
My car is pretty modified, and already has a protune. I was looking into getting an accessport though. Do they make one that has maps allowing the car to use the modifications to their potential? The car is an 02 bugeye with vf39 turbo, BOV(50/50), sti pink injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, full exhaust (up-pipe/downpipe), intake, and clutch upgrade. As of right now it runs 17psi and supposedly puts down about 270whp, is there a map that will get me anywhere close to that?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skrewbaru02 is offline   Reply With Quote