Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267998
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Wrx
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabre1200 View Post
Wow looks awesome. I am thinking about keeping my stock HU as well and getting an amp to help pump out some more power. How did you hook up your amp into your stock HU? Sorry I'm a noobie at this. Did you splice into your front/rear speaker wires, run them to your amp and run them back?

All I got when I searched was people hooking up amps+subwoofers to their factory HU which I know is just tapping into the speaker wire. I can't figure out how to actually amplify my stock HU or speakers? with an amp.
If you look at the pic where you can see my amps and that signal processor. I used a lc6i. All I did for right now is i ran two sets of 9 wire. one for signal in to the processor and second for the output of the amp. Its ran from them to the back of the radio. When you take your radio out pull the harness out as far as you can to give you slack. You find your four sets of speaker wire. Cut them in half about six inches away from the radio.Because your going to take the set from the processor to the half thats going to the radio. THe half that is going away from the radio aka speakers. you hook the second set of 9 wire coming from the amp. And of course you have the rca's ran from the processor to the amp. Just pm if you have any questions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
imprezed2011wrx is offline   Reply With Quote