Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #261
Credeur01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104309
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
PSM

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
General Grabber AT2 215/65/16

#2.) what is your geographic location
Ft. Worth, TX

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
Gravel roads but nothing sanctioned

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
30 highway / 70 city

#5.) your review and personal comments
Had my 2004 WRX sedan on 17x8 Motegi MR118's with Sumitomo HTR-Z tires at 234/45/17 when I lived in MS. When I moved here (FtW) I found the roads not suitable for a lo-pro setup. I had my car listed for sale and was in the market for a Forester or Outback XT. I found another forum (cough...DI...cough) that opened my eyes to lifted Imprezas. Craigslist ad deleted

My car has a 1" lift kit (Subtle Solutions) and the Grabbers fit like a glove. The handling on pavement is nowhere near as bad as you would expect for this compound tire. They are actualy a huge improvement on the stock Bridgestones I had. I have a Whiteline RSB, and can controllably throw the tail out on demand. Go off road, and be prepared to be amazed. Seriously, I can't express how awesomely FUN my car is now with these big meaty SOB's. And because they aren't directional, you can actually rotate them easily.

The only caveat is now my speedometer is a tad off. It's not enough to be noticeable at residential speeds. On the highway, I have a GPS that lets me know actual speed- so no biggie.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Credeur01 is offline   Reply With Quote