Originally Posted by 08 WRX
Hey my name is Cory. Im new to this form and a new Subaru owner. I have a 08 WRX. I love the car and all the Subie owners I have talked to have been great. Ill be at the BBQ for sure, hope to meet some new people and get more involved in the SoCal Subie world.
P.S. Any tips or do's and dont's for a new owner
Hi Cory, Welcome! My name is Anson, you'll recognize me as the main guy at the grill. We'd love to see you come by.
There are several things I can suggest for a new subie owner:
1) Don't believe everything you read on the forums
2) Any minor change in the powertrain recommends a tune
3) Changes in suspension can make a world of difference before power mods
4) Wave Hi when you see another subie on the road (the regular legacy and outback folk might not always appreciate the wave)
5) Have lots of fun, dont' waste your energy trying to show up the ricers, and get to thoroughly know your car so when something changes, you'll be aware of it (or if something is wrong)
that's my 2 cents