View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
Phil_Dunphy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 273862
Vehicle:
2011 WRX STI 4D
Dark Gray Metallic

This is mainly for Bill but anyone can jump in that is knowledgeable. Perrin made me a new map to adjust out the feedback knock and fine knock and my underboost. As you can see the map took care of any knock so far.

HOWEVER, I am still having boost issues in terms of how it builds and being far from the boost target of 18.5-19.0 PSI in S# mode. I saw it hit 18.2 psi while I was watching the boost on the AP in 3rd or 4th (can't remember) but the best I could data-log was a little over 17.9 during a 3rd gear pull (86 degree outside temperature, medium humidity).

Aside from not hitting the target, with the boost, I noticed on each log it was kind of all over the place when it was building 17.43, 17.38, 17.81, 17.77, 17.67, 17.66, 17.85, 17.98. Shouldn't this number be rising all the way to around 5,000 rpms (instead of jumping around) where peak boost hits? If it helps to diagnose I can sometimes hear the boost "flutter" a little bit when it's building? It's not a creep scenario though, I've felt that in another car and it's way different. Let me know!

On a side note, by me looking for suggestions on tuning issues, it is not by any means a knock (no pun intended) on their maps. Their service has been awesome and they've been more than willing to work with me. I have nothing but good things to say about Cobb and Perrin both!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hWOHc&hl=en_US
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phil_Dunphy is offline   Reply With Quote