View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #55
AlexD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270986

Right, an update. A lot of updates, actually.

After sorting out the troubles i initially had with an engine and transmission, ran the car for a few trial runs. Got pretty decent times for shakedown passes, but again, a few issues were discovered.

Transmission was not shifting as it should. Partly down to the fact that one of the gaskets was leaking oil out of the box, and mostly because the shifter mechanism is VERY imprecise, coupled to the rachet shifter. Now a Mastershift paddleshifter is in charge of gearchanges.

Got the PPG front diff fitted as well, so FWD traction shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Dry sump has also been fitted as i want to avoid any more issues with oil starvation. Ever.

Most importantly, i was never really satisfied with the inlet manifold. Wasn't really up to scratch with the rest of the engine, so i decided to redo the whole thing, in order to prevent unequal cylinder charges and excessive intake temp. Most importantly, decided to go from FMIC to an A/W setup. Intercooler now sits...well, see picture. Each bank has its own double chamber plenum now, and the intake runners from the turbos are significantly shorter. Nitrous installation now doubles up as a methanol injection system too. The whole A/W setup is heavier (with water tank filled with ice, whole setup weighs some 7kg more than the comparable FMIC setup), but given the advantages it offers over the FMIC i think i can live with it.

We'll see what sort of official times it will produce now.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AlexD is offline   Reply With Quote