Scooby Guru

Member#: 82488
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
06 Lotus Exige
Storm Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acingteam View Post
Here's a new one... in this one, I love the scenery... but I absolutely hate the car's angle. I think it's a little too aggressive for this car and the elevation at which I shot it could be lower. Thoughts?
This shot is a classic example of doing almost everything right, but still ending up with a lackluster result because of your subject/angle (and you already know it).

The 350Z is terribly flat and bland from the front, and with the huge hot-spot on the bumper, you've brought that fact straight to everyone's attention. Also, the 3/4 angle you have chosen is too tight for the car, so the side is getting lost in dark, unflattering reflections, the passenger tire is too large, and the stock wheel/tire combo is screaming "I'm inadequate".

Everything else in this shot works (I especially like the light on the hood), but because of what you have chosen, as a photographer, to show the viewer, the shot doesn't work as a whole. It might be cropped a bit tight on the right side as well, but that's probably personal taste.

You're doing very well with your photography, time to start concentrating on the subtle things.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by UltimateLurker; 08-27-2011 at 12:50 PM.
UltimateLurker is offline   Reply With Quote