View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
teamjordan23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 105025

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlueWRX View Post
I joined a league this year, and once again probably have no buisness doing so. (see: gambling problem) The draft is this week and I'm not sure who I should be gunning for. Whats the best resource for a decent general ranking of perceived fantasy value? NFL.com? Or is there something better. Thanks!
I use FFToolbox Rankings and CBS Sports Fantasy Football Ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
I wouldn't touch Reggie Bush with a ten foot pole. He can't stay healthy, and he can't run between the tackles. If you have him, trade him or dump him. You're also offering WAY too much for Jackson, especially if it's non-PPR. SD receiving/TE core is deep and he doesn't see the end-zone enough. Be content with DJax because you should know what you have. Be verry happy with Jacobs; he should have a great year, especially in the red zone.

I'll post my OT league lineup for week one. Drafting last explains the roster:

I have too much depth at the WR slot, mostly as a result of drafting 12th.
I'm in 4 money leagues this year, and I promised myself I wouldn't put myself in this type of predicament. Oh well...

My week 1 issue is Julio Jones @ Chicago or Ochocinco @ MIA. I'm torn on who to roll with here. I don't like any WR up against MIA's secondary even with Brady throwing. I'm leaning towards Jones. Ryan passed 42 times last game and has made it quite public that he loves targeting Jones, and pre-season reflects that. Chicago doesn't scare me this year and I have a feeling Mike Mularkey will have Ryan prove Jones' worthiness come regular season kickoff. What do you guys think?

2nd. I don't want Dwayne Bowe. I can't foresee him repeating last years performance, especially given KC acquisitions in the WR slot. I took him solely for trade value. Given week 1 hasn't even began, no one in the league seems interested in trading anyone.
Thing that worries me about DJax is he's inconsistent, he's too streaky for a number 1 WR on my team. My WR depth is horrible. Would you pick up Pierre Thomas over Reggie Bush?

My OT FF Team, drafted 11th out of 12.

As for your issues. I would start Julio Jones, I actually wanted to draft him as my third receiver, I expect him to have a big season. Think Jones is gonna be a stud as defenses focus on Roddy White.

As for Bowe, I dont expect him to repeat last season but I can see him getting 1,000yds 6TD's. Another player I wanted to pick up; as a backup WR.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.