Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192336
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 STiPad
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurismoLou View Post
Someone offered me Steve Smith (CAR) for Brandon Marshall. What say ye OT? I'm a bit meh on both of them. Smith gets injured just about every year. Marshall has a ton of talent when he's not going psycho and when he has a QB.
Wat. Maybe you haven't heard. Carolina is awful and has a rookie QB with a shortened preseason.

My OT League #1 team... Drafted 12th/12, so also got f'd on the RBs. Somehow, Megatron went 1st overall which is a sin like no other in fantasy football. I was hoping I'd get him at 12 before the draft started .

Here's my lineup:

Run DMc is never my choice to be my #1 running back, but I do take some solace in the fact that Oakland quietly was the 2nd best rushing team in the NFL last year with DMc only playing 13 games and averaging a sick 5.1 YPC. Still would have liked a lot of RBs before him, but I'm OK with it.

I hate drafting at the ends 'cause you can really get caught on the bad side of runs so you end up reaching over and over again. As soon as 1 TE went (Gates, 4-11) I was still 12 picks away and had to grab Clark as the 3rd TE off the board at 5-12. Sure enough, by my next pick 7 more TEs were taken.

Also reached on guys like Jahvid Best who's got notorious issues staying healthy, despite it being only his 2nd year in the league. He was always dinged in college too and has been hit this preseason and sat out vs. the Pats this past week. Considering the hype surrounding this kid last year I'm hoping I got a discount on a homerun type gamble.

I definitely nested a lot of stock into high powered offenses that target specific players - ATL (Roddy, Julio) and DET (Stafford, Best). Kinda sick to say that when 3 years ago they both were god awful. Parity in the NFL much? I consciously avoided teams that spread it around a lot (NE, NO) except for another high potential return - Mark Ingram. He's already scored 3 or 4 TEs this preseason handling the goal line duties. I've been impressed and expect him to piss off a lot of Pierre Thomas owners. And yes, Indy spreads it around as much as any other elite team, but Wayne will get 80/1000/8.

Stafford has been electric this preseason against #1 defenses and Bradford suddenly has a REALLY deep WR core, despite having no "true" #1 WR in my mind. I'm hoping for top 8 QB production from one of them.

Edit: and yes, I did draft Julio Jones 6-1 which is a decent stretch, but I wanted him as my #3 WR and there was slim/no chance he'd be back in 24 picks. WRs still on the board were solid, too: Colston, Welker, Harvin, Boldin, Rice, and several others went before I picked again.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.